On January 1, 1951, Koinonia officially opened its doors as an ecumenical training center. The campus currently houses Gramercy Mansion, as well as the surrounding outbuildings. Individuals with skills came from far and near, and were trained at Koinonia for service overseas. Technical training given was in literacy methods and organic gardening.
Koinonia Organic Farm is the oldest organic farm in Maryland. To this day, the garden is still organically operated, providing fresh herbs to local supermarket distribution centers, including Giant and Whole Foods. Learn more here.
See what’s happening by following and liking our Facebook page.